This week on the blog, a special shout out to Beyond Flowers!
- Who are you, what you do and who you serve?
Inspired by a passion for gardening and the flower culture of European markets, we set out to go beyond the expected. Great care is put into every detail, from providing exceptional fresh cut flowers grown locally and around the world to beautiful packaging and inspired hands-on shopping.
Today, the concept has fully blossomed. Beyond Flowers has become widely known as the go-to boutique for event planners, celebrities, corporate and personal clientele, who rave about the artistic approach, unique selection and service beyond compare.
- How and when did you get started in the industry?
Beyond Flowers opened its doors in 1996, Gloria Sawatzky, co-owner, founder and lead designer, Deborah Woloshyn co-owner and business manager.
- Where are you based and where do you meet with clients?
1099 Corydon Avenue, meetings are virtual and in-store when restrictions allow.
What services do you offer?
We offer custom fresh floral design, rentals, full-service event floral decor design, delivery, installation and pickup.
- What is the biggest trend you have seen since being in the industry?
Trends come and go, we've been around 25 years and have seen the return and evolve.
- Which venue do you work in the most frequently?
Hotel Fort Garry, RBC Convention Centre, Breezy Bend, The Gates, The Fairmont, St Charles Country Club
- How far in advance do your clients typically book you?
1 year or less
- Can you give us one of your industry tips that brides or grooms don't often know?
Many flowers are available year-round, however, prices fluctuate with where they have to be imported from. For example, off season peony may come from South America, Holland or Alaska but prices are three to four times our locally grown peony when in season in Canada.
- How you do stand out?
Service and Quality!
Want to see more of Beyond Flowers? Check them out on Instagram & Facebook!